Sunday, March 22

Oreo Muffins

What's a better thing to do other than bake ♥ on a 13th Friday? The day went well I guess, other than gorging myself one too many of these at the end of the day because they were so good! Haha. I sound so BHB but then, I love this new recipe I dug out online because they have lighter taste and easier on the stomach, especially if you are like me who lovessss my oreos and cannot resist stopping at one. I am officially an oreo addict.



Photobucket



Ingredients:
(makes 6 muffins)

2oz butter, soften @ room temperature
35g caster sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
105g plain flour (all purpose flour)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup fresh milk
1/2 cup oreo cookie chunks

Method:
  • Preheat oven to 190 degC.
  • With an electric mixer, cream butter until soft.
  • Add in sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
  • Add in the egg gradually. Beat well each time egg is added.
  • Sift flour and baking powder. Fold flour mixture into the butter mixture, alternating with the milk.
  • Fill each muffin cup/liner with batter till half full. Sprinkle several oreo cookie chunks on top, then cover with a spoonful of batter.
  • Bake for 25 mins, until lightly browned. Cool the muffins in the pan for 5 mins before transfering to a wire rack to cool.

I spent about half an hour beating the butter and sugar till soft and fluffy and my hands were jelly at the end. How relieved I am that I got a mixer now because it was so tough trying to make it soft beating the two by hand. It takes lots of time and patience. Instead of sprinkling several oreo cookie chunks in the cupcake as per instructions, I was lazy and just threw half a cookie inside and immediately regretted this dumb dumb decision when I cut the baked muffin into half. The small thin strip of the cookie could hardly be seen! Of course, the cookie and cream taste that I wanted was too light as well.


I still had lots of frosting left (that jar has great mileage by the way) so made use of it. I attempted to do the curly ala 'shit' effect with the frosting on the muffins but they collapsed and made quite a mess! Shucks. But still, I'm quite happy with the end result. Looking at the chocolatey muffins and the smell of the kitchen post baking makes me so happy and pleased. I had three decorated ones and since Ivan and CY came for mahjong that night, I decided to brave the criticisms and shared those. Yes yes, there is definitely still room for improvement. :)


Tomorrow sounds like a nice day to bake since it has been about a week since I touched the oven and mom thought I lost interest already. Time is not on my side though, I have the mixer and a new box of oreos ready but the memo is due on Tue so hopefully I can complete it fast and start making these to share again! Oh, and a second trip to Daiso after school was fruitful with very kawaii molds fit to withstand the high oven temperatures and also spotted a ramekin dish for my nuetella bread pudding project.


I have lots of stuff to update...

No comments: