Monday, July 27

Warning: FOOD

Lots of food. This update is grossly outdated. *gulps


18 July; Sat


Photobucket

Weekend grocery shopping with the mom. Her and the big braised duck dish. I made big huat kuehs (bigger than my face!) and some small ones for the aunt.



19 July; Sun


Charbor and I were supposed to go for the 90-min torture but escaped to...


Photobucket

Window-shopped and ate all we wanted and our budget allowed us. Choudhury is gonna be so disappointed in us. Since we were so hung up on korean, we went to the nearest one for some korean lovin'. We loved it all - steel utensils, korean tea, free flow appetizers and everything. I do still prefer Togi though hehe.


Set lunch cheap cheap. Kimchi fried rice. Kimchi pancake. Fried rice cake.


Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



20 July; Mon

Nothing beats starting the week with a date with Audrey! After a day of korean, japanese sounds good no? Haha. Ichiban nearby for a much needed catch-up session.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



21 July; Tue


Photobucket

Yay, we had an impromtu harry potter movie date with mr&mrspoh! Highlight: harry potter CUTE popcorn set, plus watching ron weasley doing his thing. I like. And I'm not going to tell you who the half-blood prince is. Shhh.



23 July; Thu

The colleagues brought me along for some indian. I tried the masala thosai. Stewed potato under the crepe. Have I mentioned I love indian? Anyway I am looking forward exploring all the lunch options along circular rd.


Photobucket



Had bikram after work and manage to catch a glimpse of Ion. So excited about the food hall shops!

Photobucket



24 July; Fri


The aunt came to visit with good stuff. Durians!

Photobucket

$52 Mao Shan Wang, worth about a day's worth of salary man.



26 July; Sun


Sunday day out with the chabor and bikram today was still quite a pain. Still, I am glad the girl is motivated to go for the torture so that she can motivate me now. It must be the 2-weeks hiatus from the pain cos it takes so much more effort to get through the whole thing compared to last month now. Focus! "Hold it, hold it..."

Hope you are a kaya peanut toast convert now too!

Photobucket



Photobucket


Yup! We had korean again!

Finally had our jajangmyeon 짜장면 ! The managers must have snickered at us hyperventilating when we were ordering it.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


I swear it is all good and delicious and nothing what it looks like here.


We ventured to the Ion food hall and oohed-and-ahhed at all the pretty desserts.


Photobucket


AND...

Photobucket

Provence is in Ion basement! Yay!

Me: OMGOMGOMG! Provence! (whips out phone)
CHIU: Wa, is this neccessary?
Me: Of course lah, provence!

Then I proceed to drag her inside and I managed to satisfy my sweet tooth with the milk pan. Fresh out of the oven with the custard which I super love cos it's not cloyingly sweet. Too bad all the wassants were sold out and chabor missed it. I like how provence is not supplying too many wassants just to get more $ you know. The worst thing is that the quality gets compromised just so they can ring in more sales.




Photobucket


Oh man, is it monday already?

Thanks to my chabors, GLsis, we got married, bikram, provence wassants after work for making me sane and survived the first 7days.
Got to catch up with so many people come this week.

No comments: