Tuesday, June 2

four. thirty six.





We each listened to our hearts beating to different tempos
As if things were meant to be this way from the start

No matter what words I choose, it sounds insincere
I crumple up the letter I wrote with the left side of my brain
and throw it away

Do you hear the voice of my heart?
It's in this silent song...

Darling, darling,
I've seen you from many different angles
All of them exquisite, you've shown me what love is
Now you're trying to show me by way of subtle techniques *1
That your uncertainty is a precautionary border
to keep you from getting hurt.

Someone makes fun of our picture, "You two make such a pair"
Do we look alike? Or is it that we've started to?

we faced one another with such seriousness
that it was almost a burden to get on with it
So much so that it makes me jealous of the thoughtless guy I used to be. * 2

No one will hear the voice of my heart
I'm ok with that, it's better that way.

Darling, Darling,
I know you have many faces.
No matter what I do,
When I remember you, it pains me so.
More than all those memorable days on my calendar
My memory is filled completely by vivid memories
Of every second of every day with you. *3
we cry, we laugh
It's a precarious sort of feeling but
It is proof of you and me.

Darling, darling
I've seen you from so many different angles
even if the day we can no longer be together comes our way
I don't think it matters because I can't help loving you.

Darling, Darling
Oh my darling
Maddeningly, and vividly
you fill in my memories completely
Darling, Darling.

No comments: