Monday, September 22

Food therapy at its best. Nothing beats some BREAD, and good simple chinese food.


17 Sep; Wednesday
Crystal Jade @ Ngee Ann
The botaks, The Banana



Bread, o bread. How I love you so. Others cannot understand my love for you.


Zebra Croissant
Chewy and very chocolately.


Mochi Cheese
QQ and quite a nice combination although I'm not a big savoury person.


Deep-dish Egg Tarts



My favourite banana


First time @ Crystal Jade La Mian Xiao Long Bao


DOMYOUJI!
I secretly thought Victor looks like Donyouji. Eyes, hair, height...



The very orange Meimei.


Sauteed Chicken with nuts in spicy sauce ($11.80++)

This is goood. I love the nuts, although there could have been more in the dish. The chicken is cooked nicely enough. Good texture. The sauce is fragrant and spicy enough. Onions are abundant to make me happy.


Sweet and Sour Chicken and Pork ($10.80++)

Decent but I have definately tasted cheaper versions which tasted as good. The meat was too tough; it was difficult to bite and chew. Taste of the sauce was forgettable. I like the peppers though, very nice and crunchy.


Long Bean & Minced Pork in Olive Oil ($9.20++)

This one was ordered for Banana who likes long bean. Personally, I wouldn't order it again because there are other more interesting dishes in the menu I rather put my money on. Usual heartlands Cze-Char store can cook this as well.



Steamed Pork Dumplings ($4.50++ for 5)

Xiao Long Bao! After tasting Crystal Jade's version, I doubt I will return to Din Tai Fung for my XLB fix anytime soon. CJ made them well, if not better! The size is bigger and there is more soup. After pricking a hole in the dumpling, I can smell the aroma of the soup. There is definately more meat when I bite into it.



Beancurd with Minced Meat & Chilli Sauce ($9.80++)

Super shiok. I can have 5 bowls with rice with this. The gravy was thick, super flavourful, and spicy enough. Presented in a clay dish, the gravy could be kept warm for a longer period of time.


Just looking at this makes me hungry.


Steamed Pork Dumplings with crabmeat ($18.00++ for 10)

Basically bigger, soupier version of XLB. Just as satisfying.



好想念他们的小笼包。。

No comments: