Thursday, April 16

stroker ace

More proof that I have been pretty much living the eat-sleep-rot life.




12-04-09


My sorrow, when she's here with me, thinks these dark days of autumn rain
are beautiful as days can be; she loves the bare, the withered tree;
she walks the sodden pasture lane.
- Robert Frost



Because we are still in the holiday mood. Because the weather is so good. Because we love water. Because the company is well, perfect.


Photobucket



Ok, and maybe you can factor in spontaneity because it was quite a random activity I'm sure. It's nice waking up with a slow, relaxing brunch at freeflowbread and then just wonder around to nowhere in particular. I finally have my weekend brunch at freeflowbread! It is kind of weird not zombie-ing behind the counter on a weekend morning but it felt good nonetheless to see the girls again. I miss working with them. Plus of course, I have not learn all the magic tricks from the new boys. Retirement sucks haha.


Photobucket



The weather so fine, can we stop time?


Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket

I do not understand how some people can throng the malls like every single weekend. Granted that SG is indeed tiiiiny, there are still so many to see other than squeeze with smelly crowds and look at things that are the same o' same o' everywhere. Still, I must say I was quite impressed with the new Tampines mall although I question the neccesity of its existence in that area , considering how Bedok and Serangoon are more needy of a spanking new shiny mall. Speaking of which, Jurong Point which just got value-added with an extension - is the bomb. As if it needed an exension in the first place! Someone is very smart to bring me at midnight (haha). Since all the shops are closed at midnight, I had no choice but to do closed-window shopping. Of course, I must still mention the supermarket that operates round the clock hidden in there? Lucky Jurongers.



Photobucket

Noodles noodles noodles, and throw in some extra bits of pork lard and everyone is happy.


Photobucket


What a gem in a sleepy and untouched village! Fresh, old school bread baked in site that reminds me of the ones I have when I was in kindergarten. The shop scored points from me before I even reach the shopfront with their antique signboard, cos the taukay was blasting ABBA! How come nobody mentioned Awfully Chocolate is also in the same area? But never mind, now we know. I like the idea of having their dark choc ice cream under cloudy skies on a random weekday.

Plus the idea of swings seems nice too. Although yes, I pretty much have a phobia of swings.




Photobucket




13-04-09




Photobucket


It has been quite a long time since I woke up early enough to see the morning sun. Hmmm, let's see? I have not had Big Breakfast for about two or three years maybe. The egg is simply too tempting! If there is one item I want to eat for life, that will be eggs. Eggs anything is fab, especially over-easy ones for breakfast.


L-O-V-E was entertaining enough too. Think of it as a trimmer and a Taiwanese take on Paris, je t'aime. Yes, there were the tried and tested models that made me cringed at certain moments. My favorite short is definitely the third one starring Ethan Ruan and Alice Tzeng. The struggles of the pride and ego of men draped with the brooding qualities of his real emotions led to a really exciting finale, sealed with a kiss of course.



Photobucket


Vegetarian Quiche + Chocolate Delight

Yes, finally tried the Chocolate Delight cake. I resisted ordering it in previous visits because I knew I would finish the entire slice. Since there is an extra mouth with me, how can I skip it? A simple chocolate sponge cake, smeared with a thick layer of chocolate fudge and a skirt of chocolate flakes. Not too cloyingly sweet for me plus the texture is dense without being too dry. I could not resist ordering one quiche from the pile in the shelf too.




Photobucket


Noodles again. Prawn noodle. Wanton noodle. Good noodle.




Photobucket




14-04-09




Photobucket


When 大姨妈 comes, there is nothing you can do to appease her. These few simple slices of homemade kaya toast did though.


Photobucket


Got to start working out, hard soon!

I miss my Ah Chiu and Joycie... Come out and play.



Photobucket





Lovage is the dope these days. Very sexy music. Loop it.

No comments: