Friday, March 6

Night rain

+ Bloody Valentine


Photobucket

Photobucket



Yeah baby, yours truly finally watched this, in 3D for all its gory gloriness although I have to admit the gore factor was still pretty much ok. My stomach did not churn my Ya Kun kopi o much, and I could still sneak a bite of a Famous Amos cookie. Jensen Ackles is very hot for a psycho killer, although I am sure he sure is hot under that thick mining suit and chasing after all those little kids in that sexy mask. Anything to make him happy I guess. It is not that I want to divulge who the killer is but so far, everyone I approached to watch the movie with me rejected me so I guess nobody is interested.



Photobucket

Ok, if he does not look cute here, it's because he probably has not start his killing spree yet. He is cute in the movie I swear.



I closed my eyes and skipped all the bloody parts, so I cannot divulge how bad it was but according to trusty IMDB, I quote,

(spoilers if you intend to watch, but I know nobody is going to)


"Axel looking around a corner to find Megan propped up against the brick building, very bloody and gory. VERY GRAPHIC. Her whole body is bloodied up. Her legs are spread apart and her own heart is lying between her legs (a symbol for her unborn baby). "Be Mine 4 Ever" is written in blood on the wall above her head."

"The miner chases after Irene (ed: the very naked woman) into the hotel she just had sex in, and she locks the door and hides under the bed. The miner gets the door open and walks around looking for her. He hides as a midget woman who owns the hotel walks in and trys to find her dog. The miner walks in front of her and takes the pick axe and thrusts it up through her head from her jaw upwards and then lifts her up into the lights and electrocutes her. He then looks under the bed and finds Irene (as seen on the tv trailer). She squirms as he pulls her out from under the bed by her legs and she kicks, trying to break free. She gets loose and the miner yanks the mattress off the bed and she is under the spring. She stands up and uses the spring part of the bed to hide from the miner (even though you can obviously see her). The miner takes many swings at her with the pick axe through a hole in the spring. She misses them all. He then takes the axe in her stomach and goes upward. Doesn't show him cutting her open, but cuts to a picture on the wall and the audience sees blood splatter on the picture."

"Many human hearts are sent to people in chocolate candy valentines boxes."

"A guy gets a pick axe in the back of his head and it protrudes through his head and comes out of his eye and the eye is left dangling on the pick axe."

"A girl is impaled with a shovel at her mouth and it cuts all the way through her head. The bottom half of her face/body falls on the ground and the upper head rests on the shovel."

"A guy looks over a house balcony, hoping to find the miner. He's not there and the guy turns around and the miner is there. The miner takes his pick axe and stabs the guy under his chin and it comes out of his mouth. The miner then pulls the axe out and it rips the guys' chin/mouth off and it flies towards the screen in 3D and blood is splattered at the audience."


Actually, I did not open my eyes at the important and most exciting parts so I still can sleep tonight. Nothing pretty major if you are into pig innards for lunch to be honest. Anyway it was quite surprising to see full frontal nudity for a M18 film although she had to die in the end. This other "Megan" character is very pretty and almost stole the show from Jamie King as well. Still it is no excuse for the married Axel to cheat and have sex with Megan. Damn you men.



+ Depatures


aka Okuribito in its original Japanese title. Bagged the Best Foreign Film in Oscars 09.

Photobucket



Story: Daigo Kobayashi (Masahiro Motoki) is a devoted cellist in an orchestra that has just been dissolved and now finds himself without a job. Daigo decides to move back to his old hometown with his wife to look for work and start over. He answers a classified ad entitled "Departures" thinking it is an advertisement for a travel agency only to discover that the job is actually for a "Nokanshi" or "encoffineer," a funeral professional who prepares deceased bodies for burial and entry into the next life. While his wife and others despise the job, Daigo takes a certain pride in his work and begins to perfect the art of "Nokanshi," acting as a gentle gatekeeper between life and death, between the departed and the family of the departed. The film follows his profound and sometimes comical journey with death as he uncovers the wonder, joy and meaning of life and living.

When sweetie told me that we will be watching Departures this Saturday when we meet, I was still blur + confused and thought she was referring to The Departed. Nah, I bet many other people would do the same like me too! Yes no? The film is sure attractive with its Oscar factor, but I am having high hopes for this one with its simple storyline and the universal theme of death. Although there is no Leo.



+ Slumdog Millionaire


Photobucket

Photobucket


I am not sure whether there are other sua kus (like me) in SG who have not watch Slumdog yet. Please tell me and maybe we can watch together. I will sponsor butter popcorn. It is not fun hearing other people rave how good the movie is and I know that time is passing and the run will end pretty much soon. I want to see the little boy in the chocolate pool!



Completely random, but I tried the freshly baked Famous Amos cookies for the first time today at the Wisma branch. Chiu gave me the completely-disbelief-shocked-can'tbelieveyou look when I told her that this my first time. Ok la, I know I have been deprived all these years. Sua Ku much. And boy, were those little things so delish. We had the Chocolate Chip and Butterscotch & Pecan. According to her, I can slowly enjoy 200 gms for many days. Please, I doubt I cannot withstand not going near to them and whack all by tomorrow. I know sis is very happy to share them with me too hehe.

Completely completely random, but I do not trust men.


No comments: