Saturday, September 24

The Days Are Numbered

Movie marathon at mate's house. Only watched 3 movies all-time-favourite "She's All That", "The Italian Job" and "28 Days Later".

28 Days Later was like 'wow'. It's a movie which is quite extreme, you either hate it or love it. I love it, of course. It's less gory and action-packed than I expected because I was looking for resident-evil-you-kill-me-I-kill-you stuff. No it is not trust me. So I guess people who hate it were expecting a resdent-evil, but it is so much more than that.

It is firstly, a very beautiful movie. Yes you heard me right, not just the scenery. And there were so many symbolic and lit stuff going around. The whole film isn't just really a undead-ish or zombie-ish kind and I think it is really a movie about the "human condition" (to quote from mrs teo). Although it is a low budget and has no spiderman-effects, I still love it... It is so much different from Resident Evil and that is a good thing.

The f-word is like about 100 times on the movie.

Anyway I learned a moral from the movie (although there are many more enlightening ones..!). Life's not that fucked up at all.


Quotes

[Hannah hits Jim over the head with a bottle]
Selena: Hannah, it's ok. He's not infected.
Hannah: But, I thought he was biting you.
Jim: I was kissing her. Are you stoned?


Selena: He was full of plans. Have you got any plans, Jim? Do you want us to find a cure and save the world or just fall in love and fuck? Plans are pointless. Staying alive's as good as it gets.


Mark: A man walks into a bar with a giraffe. They both get pissed. The giraffe falls over. The man goes to leave and the bartender says, "Oi. You can't leave that lyin' there." And the man says, "No. It's not a lion. It's a giraffe."
[Jim doesn't respond]
Mark: He's humorless


Jim: Do you know I was thinking?
Selena: You were thinking that you'll never hear another piece of original music ever again. You'll never read a book that hasn't already been written or see a film that hasn't already been shot.
Jim: Um, that's what you were thinking.
Selena: No. I was thinking I was wrong.
Jim: About what?
Selena: All the death. All the shit. It doesn't really mean anything to Frank and Hannah because... Well, she's got a Dad and he's got his daughter. So, I was wrong when I said that staying alive is as good as it gets.
Jim: See, that's what I was thinking.
Selena: Was it?
Jim: Hmm. You stole my thought.
Selena: Sorry.
Jim: It's okay. You keep it.

No comments: